Saturday, March 22, 2014

Recent March Comments On Facebook & Google+

Vancouver evening












William F. Buckley Jr.

 
Moore Engaging William F. Buckley from New Story Media on Vimeo.

William Frank Buckley, Jr. (November 24, 1925 – February 27, 2008)

I do not know much about the man, other than he was a well-known conservative author and commentator. He was a Roman Catholic. I know he had a distinctive spoken English accent that sounded as if it fused American English with British English or Continental English. Viewing his Wikipedia profile I see the accent is called 'Mid-Atlantic English'. I would associate this accent with top American Universities and academia.

A Facebook friend kindly posted this almost hour long interview. It is mostly autobiographical.

I reason I should listen to Buckley more, mainly for increased general knowledge.

However, in a religious, spiritual context, the main point I took from the interview was his argument that there was always hope, because of the (historical) Christian faith.

In context to me he was not primarily spiritualizing as in stating something along the lines of that because we are saved and are covered by the atoning work of Christ and resurrection, we have hope in the next life.

Rather, he was meaning in the temporal life context, there is hope.

I reason Buckley was largely trusting in what God, in Christ could do, as in intervening in human affairs in this temporal realm.

Agreed.

But there is also the work of the Lord through the Church.

Actual present hope is what needs to be stated more by Christians in this life, whether the context is Roman Catholic, Orthodox, Protestant, Reformed, Anabaptist or Non-denominational.

Christian election, salvation through grace by faith alone, should be backed up with works as Ephesians 2 and James 2 note.

Greater Christian works should lead to more hope on private and corporate levels. Within the church and on the outside.

Not denying at all that ultimate culminated salvation and hope resides in the next realm as Revelation describes.

MOUNCE, ROBERT H. (1990) The Book of Revelation, Grand Rapids, William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. End

Viva Lost Vegas?

On Facebook I posted

Shoalts: Conference imbalance works in favour of Seattle and Las Vegas

I noted as comment...

'Bob Mccown (Rogers Sportsnet) just stated, League is using Eastern Canada as potential transfer spots as many US teams losing money.'

I then found this somewhat humorous French RDS article...

Translated Quote:

'Except ... Gary Bettman seems much more eager to install a team in Seattle Seattle people themselves. The municipal council of the city of northwestern United States recently refused to modify the plans for the new amphitheater to conform to the requirements of the NHL. This would increase costs significantly. We judge that the investment is not essential. It will be for basketball, period!'

Lol... Put a franchise in an American city that will receive good fan support, probably many sell-outs, but would be the fourth professional sport and behind NCAA and wonder why the team is a break even outfit...

Further comment

'IMHO, having lived here in Greater Vancouver most of my life and also observed Seattle culture, much of it I appreciate, the argument that Seattle-Vancouver is some kind of 'Pacific Northwest' huge hockey market is bogus. The two are quite drastically different culturally when it comes to sports. Vancouver is a huge hockey market, Seattle is yet to be proven to be anything special with hockey and is huge on the NFL.'

As I have noted previously the National Hockey League has a near religious, philosophical devotion, somewhat irrational to growing the sport of hockey in the United States instead of Canada in spite of the fact that there are three potential markets in Eastern Canada those being Quebec City and especially Hamilton and Markham, Ontario that would bring about higher franchise values compared in all likelihood to any new market in the United States.

I also disagree with the notion that more new significant hockey fans will be made in newer hockey markets, rather I reason that more new significant hockey fans will be created in markets or near markets where hockey in already established culture and there is less cultural sport competition.

End

On Google+ I commented on a posted article, posted by a very fine young female American Reformed Blogger and Google+ Friend.

She did not write the post but linked it.

See my Google+ account associated with this blog if interested.

On Courtship (In America)

On Courtship

Cited

'The attitude is that by simply not getting married, a person wins by default. But Scripture shows us the reality: That to not get married under normative circumstances is to lose by default.'

'The command of God to marry was actually part of the first command given to the human race (even before the command not to eat of the Tree). (See Genesis 1:27-30; 2:18-25.) It is tied inextricably to God’s most basic purpose for creating the human race. Thus normatively, one cannot fulfill the “chief end of man,” as stated in the catechism, without serving God in marriage. Moreover, it is a command that is restated throughout Scripture in passages such as Jeremiah 29:6 and 1 Timothy 5:14.'

My kind response was typed on a cell with one finger and so I will re-post with some clean edits.

'I am on my cell here so one finger type.)) There are some good points on requirements, LJ. My issue has been finding in a very secular British Columbia, a much less Christian area than the United States, a theological Christian.

Also at my age I do not, having waited for someone reasonable, the experience for someone (a young woman) middle-aged with teens etc..

Also having someone left to choose from that would be middle-aged, meet physical requirements as well becomes very unlikely.

Then as well there are the unbiblical age difference hang-ups within the North American church.

Therefore for some of us theological, philosophical types the issue is far more lack of options as opposed to delay. My good married friend Anjela states I would be married no problem by now if I was living in Eastern Europe, as she is from there.

Married to a younger woman of child-bearing age that is at least a trainable Christian.

I reason this is quite likely true based on overall experience in life.

Blessings LJ:-D'

This in my opinion is a topic where I have my serious doubts that many Evangelical and fundamentalist Christians that have always known a Christianized culture in America, although the United States is seemingly becoming more secular, reasonably philosophically relate with the plight of academic, intellectual, theological, philosophical, somewhat non-conformist Christians in non-Christianized areas the world such as Canada and Western Europe.

Or Islamic nations.

Especially difficult for those having spent many years in academia, being anti-social by design in order to lead to career prospects.

The sort of culture war difficulties that many Evangelical and fundamentalist Christians are fighting a largely losing cultural battle against in the United States today, are over issues that are simply intellectual givens on the secular side here in British Columbia from as far back as I can remember intellectually.

Let us state since the early 1980s when I became more aware.

I had a very kind friend and Pastoral/Missionary Northview intern admit to me that he could not understand my plight having been married at a young age.

This is an honest assessment.

Buckley's view applies here in regard to hope.

There are opportunities for me in Eastern Europe, other, megachurch and there are online options.

31 comments:

  1. For some reason I always picture the muppet Sam the Eagle when I hear Pomp & Circumstance...not so much with this brilliant rendition, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Korean electric guitarist does rock version of Elgar's P&C. The March section starts just after 2:20.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny, Chuck...

    I should play it sometime as B. Buff arrives for a timed visit...

    ReplyDelete
  4. No,

    You have new messages from Ying, yiyu(Tina), Xuejuan and 10 other Ladies.

    Ying, 34 Ying, 34

    Dear No. i don't care how much wealthy you possess. we could not being too rich or too poor, happiness don't depend on these...

    yiyu(Tina), 21 yiyu(Tina), 21

    Hi No. thank you so much for your time on reading my letter, you are so attractive man, i guess many girls run after you, do i...



    Xuejuan, 27 Xuejuan, 27

    Dear No. "WOW" ,Honey, you have so fabulous profile, I do like all about you, it seems you’re very sincere, affectionate ,loving...

    ave a great time using our services!
    AsianDate Team

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'Dear No. "WOW" ,Honey, you have so fabulous profile, I do like all about you, it seems you’re very sincere, affectionate ,loving...'

    I am Dr. No Honey Wow...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Watched the ending of 'Elizabeth: The Golden Age' again this morning. 'Elizabeth' was on last week and I watched the ending of that film...

    I respect the British, in some ways very much. But the way she acts demonstrates their stick in the mud mentality. Some unwillingness to change paradigms.

    Speaking of royalty, I spent Sunday church @ The Village in Surrey which at 3, 000 attenders rivals Northview's at 4, 000. Both megachurch which is rare here.

    Anyway, spent the day with Hintz, and the Bulgarian Princess invited me to her major birthday party next Saturday, and then stated to make sure I bring her something.

    So, I did up a smart alec card...

    She suggests I do a homegroup at the Village instead of Northview, which I might do. Have been going 3 to 1 Northview/Abbotsford to Village/Surrey, but these are preliminary days.

    Northview is shorter drive with no tolls and actually has two mutual friends of Hintz there.

    Village has a toll either direction but has the Hintz.

    Anyway, 7, 000 people improves my career and social prospects in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Easiest way to make money online!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Make $100 Almost Immediately

    ReplyDelete
  9. £ PayPal ACCOUNT Deposit: Confirmation Needed (@shaw.ca)


    I use this software below for about 30
    minutes every day and it generates me
    a couple hundred bucks into my PayPal
    account every single day.

    >> Click HERE To Get Started <<

    If you've got a couple hours to spare
    each week, and you have your own
    laptop or computer, then I highly suggest
    you check out the link above.

    Enjoy!
    Customer Support

    ReplyDelete
  10. 'Anonymous said...
    The Easiest way to make money online!

    Anonymous said...
    Make $100 Almost Immediately'

    Is that autobiographical?

    Selling systems?

    ReplyDelete

  11. 'I use this software below for about 30
    minutes every day and it generates me
    a couple hundred bucks into my PayPal
    account every single day.'

    I do not want to generate a couple hundred dollars for you a day...

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ work charm...

    Eight floors, on two of the garage floors in a huge expanse, in another area there is a German Shepherd fenced off from our area. Initially first few times he/she barked violently, then I thought I would use some of my (Jerkhead, my ex dog) love techniques. Smooch smooch at a whisper so only the dog and not any handler could hear it. This is like a football field away, and I think the dog still hears it with the concrete. Soon he only barked once in awhile and now tonight he stayed lying down, where before he usually at least propped his head up to look.

    But my trainer states that the doc will still 'sic' me if ordered. Maybe, but he may have second thoughts. He laughs...

    BTW, I use similar love techs. on toddlers and the Bulgarian Princesses...although a little more sophisticated.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Social media will help hold traditional media accountable; scial media marketing can make traditional media come alive.
    It's winter time and everyone is gathered together to slide on thee slopes.
    The skeek looking handset has been given several tweaks
    from the traditional Blackberry body a large number of have come youu may anticipate;
    such ass these are the optical trackpad as opposed for the iconic trackball
    which was used on many previous Blackberry handsets, ass well as home and side buttons that now sit flush while using rest from the phone.

    ReplyDelete
  14. 23 ADULT TRUTHS

    So, so true.

    1. Sometimes I'll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is.

    2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

    3. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.

    4. There is great need for a sarcasm font.

    5. How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?

    6. Was learning cursive really necessary?

    7. Map Quest or Google Maps really need to start their directions on # 5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.

    8. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.

    9. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.

    10. Bad decisions make good stories.

    11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

    12. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blu-Ray? I don't want to have to restart my collection... again.

    13. I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page technical report that I swear I did not make any changes to.

    14. I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.

    15. I think the freezer deserves a light as well.

    16. I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Light than Kay.

    17. I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.

    18. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.

    19. How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear or understand a word they said?

    20. I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers and sisters!

    21. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.

    22. Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, finding their cell phone, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey - but I'd bet everyone can find and push the snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time, every time.

    23. The first testicular guard, the "Cup," was used in Hockey in 1874 and the first helmet was used in 1974. That means it only took 100 years for men to realize that their brain is also important.

    Ladies ... Quit Laughing!

    It just gets better as you get older, doesn't it?

    I was in a Starbucks Coffee recently when my stomach started rumbling and I realized that I desperately needed to fart. The place was packed, but the music was really loud so to get relief and reduce embarrassment I timed my farts to the beat of the music. After a couple of songs I started to feel much better. I finished my coffee and noticed that everyone was staring at me. I suddenly remembered that I was listening to my Ipod (with ear piece) - and how was your day?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Our waffles told us to do it

    ReplyDelete
  16. No,

    You have new messages from Jianling, WuPei (Hedy), Xia and 13 other Ladies.

    Jianling, 30 Jianling, 30

    Hi No. I am calm, serious, family-oriented, sensual, friendly and optimistic lady, believe that I was raised as true woman who...

    WuPei (Hedy), 23 WuPei (Hedy), 23

    Hi No. Meeting you here has brought a big smile on my face now, i just could not move my eyes off YOU as soon as i found you here,...
    Xia, 26 Xia, 26

    Hi No. i am so happy to meet you there, it's sunny today,and i hope you have a good mood every day ,and wish all your sweet dreams...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Greetings I am so glad I found your web site, I really found you by accident, while I was searching on Google for something else, Anyways I am here now and would just like to say cheers for a
    incredible post and a all round exciting blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to look over it all at the moment but
    I have bookmarked it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a lot
    more, Please do keep up the awesome jo.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tool for driving traffic to your facebook page

    ReplyDelete
  19. Reduce Nighttime Bathroom Trips by 64%

    ReplyDelete
  20. Use this to earn money online

    ReplyDelete
  21. Tax Day is Quickly Approaching

    ReplyDelete
  22. $987 from your cell phone

    ReplyDelete
  23. $55-$66 Vegas 4-Star Palms Resort | This Week's Top 20

    ReplyDelete
  24. 'Anonymous said...
    Tool for driving traffic to your facebook page'

    I already have a tool (Toyota) for driving my Mother around in my homecaring work...

    ReplyDelete
  25. 'Anonymous said...
    Use this to earn money online'

    Real confidence builder that one, baby...

    Confidence

    ReplyDelete
  26. 'Anonymous said...
    Tax Day is Quickly Approaching'

    What does Mr Day look like? I shall keep vigilant...I am in Corp. Security you know.

    ReplyDelete
  27. 'Anonymous said...
    $987 from your cell phone'

    Funny my cell phone only takes (likely ethically stealing some of it) money...

    ReplyDelete
  28. 'Anonymous said...
    $55-$66 Vegas 4-Star Palms Resort | This Week's Top 20'

    **** Motel?

    ReplyDelete
  29. 'Anonymous said...
    Reduce Nighttime Bathroom Trips by 64%'

    I hate it when I trip over something in 'the can' early @ morning.com

    ;)

    ReplyDelete