Saturday, January 02, 2010

Double Feature: Thoughts on Christian career women (very non-exhaustive) and Five important books on the problem of evil


Canary Wharf, London (photo from trekearth.com)

The previous post for January was actually done in December. I realize I discuss the problem of evil and theodicy much on this blog and so here is a bit of a break, but only a bit.

Previous post:

Does God Evolve?

Part One:

The issue of career women has been on my mind blogging as I run into to various types of Christian women. Some are the classic fundamentalist Christian present or former 'maidens', as in stay-at-home types while others seemingly want or already have a career, marriage and family.

Biblically In GENERAL terms (therefore I acknowledge exceptions), women are to marry and have children. In Genesis 3:16 it explains after the fall that Eve shall bear children and this concept is applied to her female decedents that marry also via the command to multiply in Genesis 1: 28. I Timothy 2: 9:15 suggests according to Roger Nicole that a major part of wives' church life is in child bearing. Nicole (1996: 1179).

It is not dictated how many children a wife should have within a marriage.

There are examples of women Biblically serving God in ways other than being Mothers or Mothers alone. Phoebe is a good example of this in the New Testament. Browning suggests she is a deacon that worked with the Apostle Paul. Browning (1997: 295).

Priscilla and Aquila, a married couple served with the Apostle Paul (Acts).

I deduce Biblically a woman can rightly have a career and a wife/Mother can be a career woman.

Personally, career women can be interesting. I like their dedication to various intellectual pursuits, both academic and professional and I would be willing to learn from them in ways, even with a significant age difference, if it existed.

I have tremendous respect for good Mothers whether they are stay-at-home permanently or not and especially Christian Mothers that bring their children up with the gospel.

Yes, I realize that some stay-at-home Moms are intellectual so I am remaining open-minded on the issue. I am not dogmatic here. Someone into theology at least a bit, could interest me, stay-at-home or not.

I would prefer to have children (no set amount) in the future, but not necessarily any time soon.

If via the web, the United States, Eastern Europe or wherever, I met someone in person that I would potentially, eventually have a relationship with, I would adjust my objectives depending on what the woman needs when required.

Quite a concept eh? Especially for a kingpin? I am no pushover, but I think it is part of loving one's neigbour as one loves self (Matthew 22, Mark 12, Luke 10).

Would not a potential relationship be as important neighbour as any?

So, if my potential relationship was roughly 31-35+ years old, for example, and would like children within a few years and would like to stay at home, I could support that concept. I could also support her with any career endeavors in life.

If my potential relationship would be roughly 20-29 years of age, for example, I would be willing to wait for children several years and would fully support her in her academic and career objectives.

In other words, I find a career woman worth considering partly because of her goals and dreams, if she is on the younger side or older side, within my age range, I am not going to do anything to work against her hopefully God-given goals, but will be fully supportive.

I am not go to work against what I find at least somewhat interesting in the woman in the first place.

Common sense.

I exercise a lot and am in generally good shape and could still live for a very long time and so no, I am not in a rush to be a Dad...far from it.

My openness with career women concerning children and timing is intellectually consistent with the large age range I am considering.

This range exists largely because although I am meeting women I need to find one that can relate significantly with my Reformed Christian background. No not an academic necessarily.

Sacrifice? Quite a concept in today's Western world.

And yes, if needed, I am willing to look after the little kiddies as Mr. Mom at times. I am the 'Big Love Monsta.'

I am also in no rush to be married as I am looking to finalize my PhD and then look for work.

Pursuing a potential friendship and perhaps relationship does not equal wanting to be married immediately, as in soon.

I realize many young Christian women assume that it does though.

I think there often needs to be a lot more dialogue and a lot less assumption. Let us consider that I need to get my final pass from Wales, look for work for months, get legal permission to move, unless I work in Canada or the UK where I am citizen, find a place to work and to live and then start working. I do not see where I would have the time to marry someone soon. But, I could dialogue with someone online or meet someone that is an actual prospect (and not virtual) in person.

That sounds like a few years until marriage in a reasonable best case scenario to me IF and WHEN I get to know an actual prospect in person. And yet another reason to consider a younger woman...

I like how Christian counselor Henry Cloud suggests on these types of issues that sometimes questions just need to be asked.

I do not however, believe that marriage is near as difficult to work on in conjunction with a career as is bearing and bringing up children. I do not however, believe in living together as it is unBiblical (Romans 1: 29), not to mention could ruin my career.

And trust me, God willing, I would not let any woman assist me with that.

BROWNING, W.R.F. (1997) Oxford Dictionary of the Bible Oxford, Oxford University Press.

NICOLE, ROGER. (1996) ‘Woman, Biblical Concept of' in Walter A. Elwell (ed.), Evangelical Dictionary of Theology, Grand Rapids, Baker Books.

Part Two:

This was published previously but when I had fewer readers:

Five important books concerning the problem of evil:

This is not a top five list, but a short diverse review of books that have been influential in my writing on the problem of evil with my MPhil and PhD dissertations. I am not necessarily in agreement with these texts on several points. These explanations are brief but further information will be provided in my completed doctorate. God willing.

In alphabetical order:

AUGUSTINE (388-395)(1964) On Free Choice of the Will, Translated by Anna S. Benjamin and L.H. Hackstaff, Upper Saddle River, N.J., Prentice Hall.

Augustine was one of the first ancient writers to deal with the problem of evil. Peterson, Hasker, Reichenbach, and Basinger (1996: 231). Within On Free Choice of the Will, Augustine presents his free will theodicy, theodicy being an explanation for the problem of evil in a theistic universe. Augustine was somewhat influential on Alvin C. Plantinga’s free will defence in the 1970’s. Plantinga (1977)(2002: 26). Augustine reasons that God is not the cause of evil, but rather human beings create the problem when they choose to follow their own temporal ways rather than God’s. Augustine (388-395)(1964: 3). A possible problem with Augustine’s view is that he blames the problem of evil on human choice but at the same time places a heavy emphasis on God’s sovereignty in creation. Augustine’s view on human free will appears libertarian while, as John Feinberg points out, Augustine’s concept of God’s sovereignty would seemingly require some form of determinism. Feinberg (1994: 98).

FEINBERG, JOHN S. (1994) The Many Faces of Evil, Grand Rapids, Zondervan Publishing House.

Within this text Feinberg presents a defence which could be labeled a sovereignty theodicy. My personal sovereignty theodicy is embedded within my MPhil and more so my PhD and is somewhat similar to Feinberg’s work. As well as presenting his own perspective Feinberg does a thorough job of reviewing various theistic and atheistic concepts on the problem of evil. He reasons that God does not presently eliminate the problem of evil because to do so would violate divine plans and human development. Feinberg (1994: 130). I found Feinberg’s explanation of this a bit repetitive and it would perhaps be good for him to have speculated on God’s reasons for willingly allowing evil in more specific terms as I have to some degree in my work.

GEBARA, IVONE (2002) Out of the Depths, Translated by Ann Patrick Ware, Minneapolis, Fortress Press.

Gebara is a Brazilian, feminist, Catholic sister. The back of the text notes that she is one of Latin America’s leading theologians. The book is interesting because, although no formal theodicy or defence is presented, she looks at the problem of evil from the perspective of the suffering of women. Gebara, Ivone (2002: 13-59) I can agree with Gebara that women within this corrupted creation have experienced much suffering, and some of it has not been thoroughly acknowledged. However, I disagree with her tendency to reinterpret the Christian faith, for example concerning the doctrine of physical resurrection which she reasons is idealistic theory. Gebara (2002: 122). She thinks it more valuable to look at resurrection in metaphorical terms today as lives are improved and evil resisted. Gebara (2002: 122).

PLANTINGA, ALVIN C. (1977)(2002) God, Freedom, and Evil, Grand Rapids, Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Company.

Plantinga successfully demonstrates that a free will defence is logical and reasonable. Plantinga (1977)(2002: 28). He speculates that the price of God creating a universe with significantly free creatures is that wrong actions will inevitably occur leading to the problem of evil. Plantinga (1977)(2002: 30). Plantinga’s free will approach is not primarily theological as is Augustine’s and therefore offers a different but somewhat related perspective. A question arises if Plantinga has really successfully answered the objection of theistic critics such as Feinberg, and atheists such as J.L. Mackie on why God could not simply create human beings who were significantly free and never committed wrong actions. I believe that God could have created significantly free human beings, or at least human-like creatures that only committed right actions. Perhaps God desired to create human beings that would ultimately possess a greater spiritual maturity than Adam and Eve prior to the fall because those restored in Christ would have experienced sin, the problem of evil, death and the atoning work and resurrection of Christ. Quite possibly restored human beings would ultimately be more spiritually mature and valuable to God than persons that never knew what it was like to disobey God and experience evil. I would also point out that Biblically speaking the angels that did not fall would seemingly be significantly free and have not committed wrong actions.

HICK, JOHN (1970) Evil and The God of Love, London, The Fontana Library.

Hick rejects Augustinian and Calvinistic views on theodicy, and instead supports what he views as the Irenean position. Hick (1970: 221). Ramsay (2004: 2). Hick also rejects conservative Christian doctrines and instead favours the idea of universalism. Hick (1970: 172). Hick (1970: 381). He reasons that human beings were made immature and capable of committing wrong human actions in order that God eventually can bring all persons to the creator through soul-making. Hick (1970: 292). I can accept that some type of soul-making is used by God in the development of believers, but without the atoning work of Christ and resurrection within a Christian tradition we do not have a revealed divine means of salvation and are left to speculate on how God should or could save persons, as Hick speculates.

AUGUSTINE (388-395)(1964) On Free Choice of the Will, Translated by Anna S.Benjamin and L.H. Hackstaff, Upper Saddle River, N.J., Prentice Hall.

FEINBERG, JOHN S. (1994) The Many Faces of Evil, Grand Rapids, Zondervan Publishing House.

GEBARA, IVONE (2002) Out of the Depths, Translated by Ann Patrick Ware, Minneapolis, Fortress Press.

HICK, JOHN (1970) Evil and The God of Love, London, The Fontana Library.

PETERSON, MICHAEL, WILLIAM HASKER, BRUCE REICHENBACH, and DAVID BASINGER (1996) (eds.), ‘Introduction: Saint Augustine: Evil is Privation of Good’, in Philosophy of Religion, Oxford, Oxford University Press.

PLANTINGA, ALVIN, C. (1977)(2002) God, Freedom, and Evil, Grand Rapids, Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Company.

RAMSAY, MEGHAN (2004) ‘John Hick: ‘Evil and Soul Making’, Philosophy of Religion, (ed.) Philip A. Pecorino, Web Surfers Caveat, Suffolk, Virginia, Philosophy of Religion.



No, not my dream at all.

50 comments:

  1. Russ,

    I look forward to any comments you get from women on this one.

    Larry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Larry. Pass it on, please if you so wish.

    Okay, this general concept for an interview was from Sir Chucklins, but I provide the content.

    satire and theology blog interviews

    thekingpin68 blog

    satire and theology: Mr. Kingpin what do you think of... women?

    thekingpin68: Wonderful. Especially my blog links.

    satire and theology: Stay-at-home Moms?

    thekingpin68: Wonderful. Some of them have the cutest little kiddies and I play the 'Big Dumb Uncle.' Also I am glad I had a Mom that stayed at home with me. At least until I knew to look both ways before I crossed the street and that the Count on Sesame Street was not really Count Dracula.

    It was good to learn that Burt and Ernie were not necessarily gay.

    You know I was not adopted for ten days (violins in background).

    satire and theology: What kind of career women do find interesting?

    thekingpin68: Well not those webcam divas that sometimes bug me on Facebook and Yahoo Messenger. If you can call that a career.

    I suppose I respect classy Christian women very much.

    satire and theology: Do you have a particular problem of evil you wish to comment on this morning?

    thekingpin68: Yes, why does Blogger not store audio files for its blogs?

    satire and theology: Thanks very much.

    thekingpin68: Happy painting and God bless my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Russ,

    Funny video clip.. The things people come up with truly amazes me lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Tammy. I also hope that basically the post explains away some misconceptions some may have in regard to my present thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cartoon reminds me of a girl I dated years ago. I took her to shoot pool, and I was going to teach her how. Come to find out, she used to own her own pool stick, and she used to play in tournaments. She beat me badly. OK, so then I was going to take her to a horse show. I worked at a Summer Youth Ranch for 2 summers, and I learned both the Western and English styles of riding, so I was going to tell her about the styles of riding, about Arabian horses, etc. Well, I found out she used to ride for competitions. Again, she knew far more than I did. Finally, I gave up. I decided I would just bring her to the circus. Now, I had spent a few years as a clown, as part of a couple different groups, doing mime shows and skits for churches, old folks homes, schools, hospitals, etc. Thankfully, she was never a clown. However, the great thing was that she had never been to a circus before, and she had always wanted to go to one, so that was her favorite thing that we did together (which I never would have guessed, because I was wondering if maybe taking her to the circus might be a lame idea).

    ReplyDelete
  6. What has been your experience with eharmony, if any?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Jeff. Part of the price of being interested in an intellectual woman is that if we have a friendship she will surpass me in intellect and knowledge in certain areas. I can handle it and long as she is humble.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 'What has been your experience with eHarmony, if any?'

    I did the free eHarmony trial.

    PROBLEM

    The most important ASSUMED area of matching it appears was age. So I would therefore be grouped with women that I do not primarily have shared romantic experience with or interest in. This would basically be as much of a waste of time as a Christian singles 35+ group. Instead I need a wide range group to deal with as explained in the article. Perhaps when I am working full-time there is a dating service somewhere that offers this for a client.

    Thanks, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Part of the price of being interested in an intellectual woman is that if we have a friendship she will surpass me in intellect and knowledge in certain areas. I can handle it and long as she is humble.

    But could you handle it if she can also beat you in a fight? For example, if she is a master martial artist, possibly the female equivalent of a UFC champion?

    ReplyDelete
  10. 'Just be thankful you don't have any women friends who send you stuff like this:'

    Well, there would always be stuff to put up with.:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. 'But could you handle it if she can also beat you in a fight? For example, if she is a master martial artist, possibly the female equivalent of a UFC champion?'

    Any wife of mine would not be a heavyweight, and so I would still posses the mass and strength (in some ways at least) advantage even as she had superior fighting skills.

    I suppose I am not a chauvinist or a feminist.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OK, Russ, three celebrity women I find extremely attractive are Taylor Swift, Camilla Belle, and Julianne Hough. So, what would be the physical type/characteristics of woman you are looking for?

    ReplyDelete
  13. That ridiculous suitcase flotation device in that video seems problematic on several levels.

    ReplyDelete
  14. 'OK, Russ, three celebrity women I find extremely attractive are Taylor Swift, Camilla Belle, and Julianne Hough. So, what would be the physical type/characteristics of woman you are looking for?'

    That made me laugh out loud.

    Jeff, Jeff, Jeff.

    I had to look up the third young lady, but think all are attractive, especially the second.

    I AM NOT, looking for a supermodel type or Playboy type. They are in GENERAL terms high maintenance, too demanding on the man for looks, money etc.

    So I would like someone attractive, young looking at least, virginal looking at least, classy looking, somewhat intellectual and most of all godly in Christ.

    This is not pragmatic in a worldly sense, but anything less than that and I am totally BORED and DISINTERESTED in a romantic context.

    That is my nature and I did not choose it.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. 'That ridiculous suitcase flotation device in that video seems problematic on several levels.'

    Ridiculous and humourous.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Here are some recommended sites which are not only educational, but have to do with an ungodly threat to the U.S., Canada and Europe. They are also important for awareness and understanding. Most of the sites have to do with Islam, terrorist attacks, honor killings, Shari'a law, jihad, the Islamization of America (and Europe), and the like. Personally, I believe that law enforcement, lawyers, judges, politicians, the media, and the general public should become educated about these things, because they are affecting America, Canada and Europe more and more. There are some Christian sites in the list.

    Especially this one, which is excellent to start with:

    http://www.politicalislam.com/blog/category/thirteen-talks-on-political-islam/

    or this, which is basically the same info, but in very helpful and easy-to-understand audio lectures:

    http://sioanetwork.com/?page_id=515


    Also these:

    http://www.truthtube.tv/play.php?vid=3448

    http://www.debka.com/index1.php

    http://www.jihadwatch.org/

    http://www.danielpipes.org/

    http://thememriblog.org/

    http://www.prophetofdoom.net/

    http://www.answering-islam.org/Silas/demons.htm

    http://islamizationwatch.blogspot.com/

    http://www.citizenwarrior.com/

    http://pmw.org.il/tv%20part3.html

    http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Quran/009-friends-with-christians-jews.htm

    http://www.letusreason.org/Islam12.htm

    http://islam-watch.org/HistoryOfJihad/index.html

    http://www.historyofjihad.org/america.html

    http://www.sillyallah.com/2008/01/muslim-honor-killings-and-sharia.html

    http://www.sillyallah.com/2007/11/violent-sexism-and-wife-beating-in_11.html

    http://www.antimullah.org/?9c0d4000

    http://barenakedislam.wordpress.com/

    http://www.prophecytoday.com/

    http://www.ddolan.com/

    http://www.nuggetnetreview.com/

    http://www.kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/King_World_News.html

    http://rt.com/

    http://www.bible-prophecy-today.blogspot.com/

    http://hotair.com/

    http://librabunda.blogspot.com/

    http://www.theahafoundation.org/

    ReplyDelete
  17. For evangelism/witnessing, I highly recommend the following:

    http://www.wayofthemaster.com/

    http://www.livingwaters.com/

    http://www.markcahill.org/listen3.html

    http://www.wayofthemasterradio.com/

    http://www.livingwaters.com/witnessingtool/howtowitnesstomuslims.shtml

    ReplyDelete
  18. Russ,

    I AM NOT, looking for a supermodel type or Playboy type.

    Well I AM, OK??

    Just kidding.

    They are in GENERAL terms high maintenance, too demanding on the man for looks, money etc.

    Yes, all too often very true.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Upon reading some of your views on dating women, you seem to have a very balanced, respectful, and supportive attitude towards future prospects, nice to see and a very attractive attribute.
    -DATE 911-

    ReplyDelete
  20. Interesting read of your comments, especially of what you are looking for in a woman, seems like you are balanced about a woman's appearance and inward qualities, this perspective will serve you well!
    -Dating Diary 101-

    ReplyDelete
  21. More women need to look for quality men, as far as the capacity to be a good husband, the capacity to be faithful, the capacity to be loving and selfless, moral aptitude, respect for women, and someone who would be a godly spiritual leader in the home.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks, Jeff.

    I do not find it difficult at all to believe that there are radical Muslims that wish to subvert the West.

    I wonder though how many mainstream Muslims are also involved in this process.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Jeff, thank you for listing the sites that provide information on Islam.

    I appreciate you as well providing me with an opportunity to describe the kind of Christian woman I am looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  24. 'Upon reading some of your views on dating women, you seem to have a very balanced, respectful, and supportive attitude towards future prospects, nice to see and a very attractive attribute.
    -DATE 911-'

    Thanks, that is much appreciated. That was my goal. I am not chauvinistic or feminist.

    'Interesting read of your comments, especially of what you are looking for in a woman, seems like you are balanced about a woman's appearance and inward qualities, this perspective will serve you well!
    -Dating Diary 101-'

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  25. 'More women need to look for quality men, as far as the capacity to be a good husband, the capacity to be faithful, the capacity to be loving and selfless, moral aptitude, respect for women, and someone who would be a godly spiritual leader in the home.'

    Well done. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I was a stay at home mother. I loved it and would do it again. Okay, we were very poor (actually we still are) and couldn't give our children what they wanted. Christmas presents were always a struggle. BUT, we played loads of games, made most presents and made most decorations. In fact, some years ago my eldest daughter wanted to put up Christmas decorations and whilst I was at work did so. She discovered all those home-made decorations in the bottom of the box and they all went up. It was fantastic.

    Happy new year

    ReplyDelete
  27. Folks,
    here is my honest evaluation of Working woman, in general (Christian or not).

    It is my belief that the Free Enterprise system of the North American Continent is passed the point of no return as to whether woman should work or not.

    Had I had an opinion 30 years ago when my mother began working, I would have told her, 'Mom, you are going to cause the value of the dollar to drop'.

    Maybe the above paragraph does not accurately represent what it is I am trying to convey. So, just let me explain myself.

    When our country was acustum to just one person in each household having a job, the status quo was 'woman would stay home until they were married'. Men would be the money makers and our governments were not able to tax society as heavy as we are taxed in our current fiscal picture.

    This availability of more money for the government, created the temptation to spend more. This inturn did not pay the government back. So, we (U.S. Government) borrow from countries that know how to regulate dollar per household economics (that is a term I just coined. You can borrow it).
    Also, having a widely accepted custom of 'woman in the workplace' has created the need for more housing because woman are not dependant on getting married in order to leave home. That made it possible for state taxes to go up and greater spending with in local community governments.

    If it were possible, I would rather our society return to single income households. But, nooooooh. Our woman had to be liberated (as if they were ever oppressed).

    ReplyDelete
  28. 'It is my belief that the Free Enterprise system of the North American Continent is passed the point of no return as to whether woman should work or not.'

    Agreed, Jim.

    'If it were possible, I would rather our society return to single income households. But, nooooooh. Our woman had to be liberated (as if they were ever oppressed).'

    I honestly think some Christian women by nature want a husband, family, and career.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Daij,

    I assume you mean the flotation device video was funny and not my article.

    God bless.:)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Here is how Russ should present his lectures when he begins his teaching career. OK, well, maybe not...
    Commercial

    ReplyDelete
  31. This video is from 2007...and still, the West is only beginning to wake up.
    We need to wake up! Newt Gingrich: I'm deeply worried

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thanks, Jeff. Chucky sent that clip to me originally and I reason it is a comedy bit as opposed to an actual advertisement. However, either way, presenting something like that could be a career killer.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I am woman & for the most part i think women should marry young & have thier babies & THEN get thier careers if that is what they choose but there are exceptions!! :) Russ you lucky man to have so many women knocking on your door you love magnet...hey should i try EHARMONY he he i was thinking about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. 'I am woman & for the most part i think women should marry young & have thier babies & THEN get thier careers if that is what they choose but there are exceptions!! :) Russ you lucky man to have so many women knocking on your door you love magnet...hey should i try EHARMONY he he i was thinking about it!!'

    Well, you have made my day. Even if you are only half serious.

    Now I wonder who the heck you are.

    Perhaps you could wink at me if you know me.;)

    Russ;)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hey, interesting thoughts on Christian women! :)

    I guess the wisest option is to talk this stuff over with the wife. The Bible, in my mind, presents a very high standard of sacrificial love for the husband.

    In our case, we attend a church that promotes the egalitarian view of women: that gender is not as important as character, calling and gifting. [http://markconner.typepad.com/catch_the_wind/2009/09/women-in-minist.html - our senior pastor's thoughts on the issue] It is also a very multicultural congregation and so it is understood that different members of the church come with varying cultural expectations. I have noticed a distinctly different approach to marriage / family / roles issues between my marriage (which is a mix of Anglo-Celtic-French-Ukrainian backgrounds!) and the same issues for our Malaysian and Singaporean friends. But there's room for all of us! :D

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thanks, I am trying to follow both Biblical standards and show respect/Biblical love for a woman I could potentially meet.

    Again, I state for all readers (not the commenter from what was stated), I am mainly seeking just to meet some women at this point!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Russ and anyone else,

    Would you mind reading the following article, written by fellow blogger Jim Leasure, watching the video, and leaving a comment?
    Tiger Woods and Brit Hume

    ReplyDelete
  38. 'England Anti Jihad: No Sharia Here

    Racism is the lowest form of stupidity! Islamophobia is the height of common sense!'

    Good point.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Good news: my apnea dental appliance is now permanently set to 12 mm, which means it duplicates the results of jaw surgery, minus 8 grand and 1 year with braces. I should continue to improve toward virtual cure.

    ReplyDelete
  40. The UBC apnea doctor stated twice he could not believe how much I had the appliance open, prior to it being reset permanently Tuesday to 12 mm. I had it open 12 mm with the key and the metal roof of the appliance was scraping the inside of my mouth. I told the doctor that appliance was working properly at 12 mm and I was deadly serious about getting well. I figured 12 mm would work because a surgeon had told me many months ago that was how much he would move it forward with the post braces surgery. I just used some simple science. Too bad these doctors won't share files...

    The UBC guy was recommended to me via email from a MD in Dallas, Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  41. You have come to the right place...the taxes are far too high in Canada.

    ReplyDelete