Monday, February 24, 2014

The Week That Was


Today in Maple Ridge with a rare snowfall.

David Pailin at Manchester stated when I returned in a new year: (Paraphrased) 'I thought you would have been under snow in Canada'. Ah, the importance of doing research...;)

1. Photos Again

On my other blog, one post ago I stated the following in main body: 


'In regard to my other, main blog. Had a complaint via email, I think based on Stat Counter, although it could be redirected, from Boulder, Colorado. Often times Site Meter will state nothing for location, or one location and Stat Counter another. Sometimes they agree. Stat Counter has more locations listed, but I think Site Meter is probably more accurate, based on when I think I know the person, more often. A photographer was 'appalled' that I used some of his photos that he claims were undocumented. They were among my oldest photos from my desktop photos from several computers ago. He claimed I 'stole'. I deleted them from my photos and my posts at once. I explained I did not steal as I documented as from Google Images and his name was on them. That kind of documentation is common ethical practice today. Even so, I do not want to offend anyway or damage rights, so I will likely post shared Facebook and Google+ photos from now on and photos from share sites. Trekearth seems ambiguous as I saw no warning on their site having looked more than once and yet Wikipedia states trekearth photos are not meant to be shared for sites which seems strange. Their site exists to share photos...' 

End citation from Satire And Theology

Further, I have worked through, mainly on the other blog, but both blogs, eliminating many 'Google Images'. Especially on more relatively popular posts. 

Chucky and Bobby were visiting Saturday night and discussing this issue, Chucky, a software tester was ethically appalled by all the parsing that can take place on the web in regard to copyright and noted that basically 'everyone breaks the law' with the level of lack of enforcement of supposed or actual copyright laws and the lack of ethical clarity provided.

Bobby reasoned I should make no changes on my blogs in regard to images at all. 

I have, however, decided at a more conservative approach, attempting a high level of ethics.

I apologize for changes in material in some cases if it was appreciated by readers, but I am replacing any deleted images with equal quality material where possible.

No, I do not plan on using my own amateur photos most of the time, as noted above there are other sources.

Blackburn's noting of 'kinds of problems encountered' in regard to ethics (Blackburn 1996: 126),  is a philosophical reminder that although certainly there can be ethical and moral right and wrong (especially from a Christian, Biblical worldview) there are in this realm and world, grey/gray areas in ethics.

I reason this the case with web-based copyright.

2. Crazy?

A friend explained to me that a mutual friend thought I was crazy, or like, to have public blogs.

The concern, and a quite reasonable, justifiable one, that I could or would be damaging my career in regard to being hired by an academic institution, church or ministry.

I can state from interaction that a President or like of a major Christian academic institution told me by email that although they did not have work for me, he respected my significant blogging ministry.

A Pastoral leader at one of the churches I am now attending stated I demonstrated significant ministry skill and theological skill with my blogs.

I have had Christian ministers with Doctorates and Master's degrees and persons in para-church ministry state my blogs have significant value.

I have been asked, based on my Blogging, to assist a para-church ministry with their blog.

I have advised.

I have never received a negative recommendation from a significant person in Christian ministry to close my blogs down or to make significant changes.

I use my blogs as ministry and teaching, as a way of advancing my abilities in Theology, Philosophy and Biblical Studies. and as an online social outlet.

The level of work is generally difficult, with both blogs, although at times in different ways.

Satire and humour is used, in part to demonstrate to observers that I have everyday relatability.

The humour is family-orientated as much as possible.

However, on both blogs at times I reason it needed to deal with some more serious darker issues.

To be an anonymous Blogger, as I was when I began is not ethically wrong as such, but it lacks a certain degree of credibility because it is as if one is not willing to stand behind his/her work publicly. Readers can also ponder on how trustworthy anonymous writers are. I have read this on professional sites and it is not just my opinion.

As I have noted, I revise often and am learning. But ministry has a price and is challenging. I realize one can take public criticism if he/she is not anonymous. I also realize that many persons have non-ministry main employment and do not wish employers to read related controversial online material.

However, that means Blogs should be researched, accurate, careful and respectful in what is written.

I follow these.

I am professional, restrained and revise.

I conclude, I am still ethically and pragmatically correct to be publicly blogging.

3. Team Canada


Facebook: February 23, 2014
Canada wins its second straight Olympic Gold medal in men's ice hockey. The third win in five Olympic tournaments since the tournament featured National Hockey League, best versus best players. The Czech Republic and Sweden winning the other two Olympic competitions. Many in the Canadian professional hockey media are stating, and with good reason, as the 2014 Olympic Champions were undefeated and only gave up three goals in six games, that this is the best Team Canada ever. 

My philosophical concern of the Canadian professional hockey media is simply comparing the Olympic teams only, in the best Team Canada discussion.

There have been several other best versus best competitions, historically:

There is the Summit Series of 1972, which featured Canada versus the Soviet Union. Won by Canada. This team is sometimes mentioned, being the most famous.

There are Canada Cups in 1976, 1981, 1984, 1987, 1991. Canada winning all but the 1981 series, won by the Soviet Union.

The Canada Cup became the World Cup, won by the United States in 1996 and Canada in 2004.

At the time, I remember some stating that the 2004 Team Canada team was the best ever. That team also going undefeated.

But this best verses best tournament seems largely unmentioned. I did not hear or read anything about it in regard to comparisons from the three major Canadian networks following Olympic hockey.

I am not opining at all, in regard to which team may be better the 2014 Olympic team or the 2004 World Cup team.

The 1991 team was undefeated but did not win every game.

The 1976 and 1987 Canada Cup teams were perhaps, according to experts, the two most talent teams, although not undefeated.

My conclusion is that often more research should be done by Canadian professional hockey broadcasters, and writers before opining on issues on best team, or greatest team.

Lack of research and related reflection also being a philosophical and theological problem in forming reasonable, educated opinions is other areas of life as well, including academic.

To digress, therefore by National Hockey League reasoning, with the tremendous success financially of the seven Canadian based clubs in comparison to the average American based team, and the success and support for the National Team, Team Canada; the League may according to most media reports place the next franchise through expansion or relocation in...

Seattle.

And according to some reports perhaps Las Vegas, building a new NHL style arena, is now ahead of Quebec City and their new NHL style arena under construction in be awarded a franchise after Seattle.

As noted previously on my blogs, I see the National Hockey League's philosophical obsession, being a primarily United States based League, as similar to a religious type devotion to a concept, regardless of significant evidence.

The owners and commissioner's office want more teams in the United States to grow the game and gain more new fans.

Whereas I reason by evidence and reason, more new supporters of clubs would be created in areas where there is already a significant hockey culture in place and hockey not being behind other sports in popularity as it is in the United States.

Therefore new clubs in Canada would in general create a larger overall fan base and more revenue and franchise value than would more new teams in America,.

BLACKBURN, SIMON (1996) Oxford Dictionary of Philosophy, Oxford, Oxford University Press.

34 comments:

  1. What's up colleagues, its impressive piece of writing on the topic of teachingand entirely explained,
    keep it up all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A blonde wanted to go ice fishing.


    She'd seen many books on the subject,



    and finally getting all the necessary tools together,




    she made for the ice.


    After positioning her comfy footstool,


    she started to make a circular cut in the ice.



    Suddenly, from the sky, a voice boomed,


    "THERE ARE NO FISH UNDER THE ICE."


    Startled, the blonde moved further down the ice,




    poured a thermos of cappuccino, and began to cut yet another hole.



    Again from the heavens the voice bellowed,




    "THERE ARE NO FISH UNDER THE ICE."



    The blonde, now worried, moved away,

    And went clear down to the opposite end of the ice.


    She set up her stool once more and tried again to cut her hole.



    The voice came once more,


    "THERE ARE NO FISH UNDER THE ICE."




    She stopped, looked skyward, and said,




    "IS THAT YOU LORD?"



    The voice replied,



    "NO, THIS IS THE MANAGER OF THE HOCKEY RINK"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps blondes need a political lobby as powerful as that of LGBT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very interesting, You're a very skilled blogger.
    I've joined your feed and look forward to seeking more of your wonderful post.
    Also, I've shared your website in my social networks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Russel, a pleasure to be here, reading your posting extensive but very well made. As for his ethics, I think its commendable honesty to remove the photos in regards to authorship. Even you mentioned having the authorship, is a right that you preserved and respected. Never happened to me, but if it did, I imagine it would work on replacing all photos. Congratulations!
    Your blog deserves all disclosure, the character study and signature as respectful to the subject and readers. I believe in the purpose to disseminate studies founded on deep research. So you're PHD. Humility and generosity you exhibit their research are admirable. Among other topics, I reserve only read because I did not understand very much for being an American sport that I do not follow :) and I have no knowledge. I wish much success to you. A big hug and thank the company and friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 'As for his ethics, I think its commendable honesty to remove the photos in regards to authorship. Even you mentioned having the authorship, is a right that you preserved and respected. Never happened to me, but if it did, I imagine it would work on replacing all photos. Congratulations!'

    Cheers, Eva. Yes I think I will make an increased, not that I did not make effort before, effort to use not only documented photos, but permitted ones.

    Yes, I try to be researched a respectful.:)

    Blessings to you and family, Eva.

    Russ

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heya i am for the first time here. I found this board and
    I find It really useful & it helped me out a lot.
    I hope to provide something again and aid others like you helped
    me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This may help explain why early Arabic people contributed significantly to world knowledge, and how it all came to a screeching halt.



    This came from a Lockheed employee who has had 3 assignments to Saudi Arabia. Worth the read.


    During the pilot transition program with the KV-107 and C-130 with Lockheed, we found that most Saudi pilot trainees had very limited night vision, even on the brightest of moon lit nights. Their training retention rate was minimal including maintenance personnel. Some had dim memories and had to be constantly reminded of things that were told to them the day before. Needless to say, an American, British or any other western instructor gets burned out pretty quick. It actually took Muslim C-130 pilots years before they could fly in the dark safely and then would be reluctant to leave the lights of a city. Ask any Marine, Air Force or Army guy who's been trying to train Iraqis, and especially Afghans. They will say, "Yep, dumber than homemade dodo".

    Islam is not only a religion, it's a way of life all the way around. Yet another set of revealing facts about Muslim beliefs and traditions and ways of life. 1400 years of inbreeding. I found this to be interesting. Didn't know whether to believe it or not. To research I went to Wikipedia, "Cousin Marriage", and far down in the article "Genetics", it seems there is a lot of truth here.

    A huge Muslim problem: Inbreeding

    Nikolai Sennels is a Danish psychologist who has done extensive research into a little-known problem in the Muslim world: the disastrous results of Muslim inbreeding brought about by the marriage of first-cousins.

    This practice, which has been prohibited in the Judeo-Christian tradition since the days of Moses, was sanctioned by Muhammad and has been going on now for 50 generations (1,400 years) in the Muslim world.

    ReplyDelete
  9. In Denmark , non-Western immigrants are more than 300 percent more likely to fail the intelligence test required for entrance into the Danish army.


    Sennels says that "the ability to enjoy and produce knowledge and abstract thinking is simply lower in the Islamic world." He points out that the Arab world translates just 330 books every year, about 20% of what Greece alone does.


    In the last 1,200 years of Islam, just 100,000 books have been translated into Arabic, about what Spain does in a single year. Seven out of 10 Turks have never even read a book.


    Sennels points out the difficulties this creates for Muslims seeking to succeed in the West. "A lower IQ, together with a religion that denounces critical thinking, surely makes it harder for many Muslims to have success in our high-tech knowledge societies."

    Only nine Muslims have ever won the Nobel Prize, and five of those were for the "Peace Prize." According to Nature magazine, Muslim countries produce just 10 percent of the world average when it comes to scientific research measured by articles per million inhabitants.


    In Denmark , Sennels' native country, Muslim children are grossly over represented among children with special needs. One-third of the budget for Danish schools is consumed by special education, and anywhere from 51% to 70% of retarded children with physical handicaps in Copenhagen have an immigrant background. Learning ability is severely affected as well. Studies indicated that 64% of school children with Arabic parents are still illiterate after 10 years in the Danish school system. The immigrant drop-out rate in Danish high schools is twice that of the native-born.


    Mental illness is also a product. The closer the blood relative, the higher the risk of schizophrenic illness. The increased risk of insanity may explain why more than 40% of patients in Denmark 's biggest ward for clinically insane criminals have an immigrant background.


    The U.S. is not immune. According to Sennels, "One study based on 300,000 Americans shows that the majority of Muslims in the USA have a lower income, are less educated, and have worse jobs than the population as a whole."


    Sennels concludes: There is no doubt that the wide spread tradition of first cousin marriages among Muslims has harmed the gene pool among Muslims. Because Muslims' religious beliefs prohibit marrying non-Muslims and thus prevents them from adding fresh genetic material to their population, the genetic damage done to their gene pool since their prophet allowed first cousin marriages 1,400 years ago are most likely massive. This has produced overwhelming direct and indirect human and societal consequences.


    Bottom line: Islam is not simply a benign and morally equivalent alternative to the Judeo-Christian tradition. As Sennels points out, the first and biggest victims of Islam are Muslims. Simple Judeo-Christian compassion for Muslims and a common-sense desire to protect Western civilization from the ravages of Islam dictate a vigorous opposition to the spread of this dark and dangerous religion.

    These stark realities must be taken into account when we establish public polices dealing with immigration from Muslim countries and the building of mosques in the U.S.


    Let's hope the civilized West and the North Americans wake up before a blind naiveté about the reality of Islam destroys what remains of our Judeo-Christian culture and our domestic tranquility...
    http://worldtruthsummit.com/nicolai-sennels.html


    NOTE: Nikolai Sennels - You may have heard of him from his involvement in the court case against Guantanamo prisoner Omar Khadr.


    Another source: http://www.newenglishreview.org/Nicolai_Sennels/Muslims_and_Westerners:__The_Psychological_Differences/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I mentioned on my blogs in comments last week about the flatulent man who loudly passed gas leaving the corporate complex. Previously he made some loud noise.

    Tuesday as he approached it sounded like he was spitting his nose onto the ground as he approached.

    Just a guess, IT or Accounting Dept...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Are you ready for tomorrow??

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have concerns of course, but Jesus wants us to live a day at a time, Matthew 6.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like it when individuals come together and share thoughts.
    Great blog, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. No,

    You have new messages from xian, Sai nan, Qionghui and 18 other Ladies.




    xian, 25 xian, 25

    Hi No. I am a kind-heart woman,so i would like to find a friendly man too.I am sweet and sexy,if you love me,chat to me. I really...


    Read Free







    Sai nan, 23 Sai nan, 23

    Dear No. I like you and i hope to find my future spouse on this site. I just hope to get to know you very well and hopefully we...


    Read Free







    Qionghui , 22 Qionghui , 22

    Dear No. Honey, I’m so happy to meet with you here. You have inspired a unique feeling in my heart. And now, I miss you so much. I...


    Read Free






    Have a great time using our services!
    AsianDate Team

    Please add notifications@asidate.com to your contact list to ensu

    ReplyDelete
  15. ABSOLUTELY A TRUE STORY HEARD ON A WISCONSIN RADIO STATION REPORTING ON THE INCIDENT.

    A guy buys a new Lincoln Navigator for $42,500.00 with monthly payments of $560.00. He and a friend go duck hunting in upper Wisconsin .

    It's mid-winter and of course all of the lakes are frozen.

    These two guys go out on the ice with their GUNS, a DOG, and of course the new NAVIGATOR

    They decide they want to make a natural looking open water area for the ducks to focus on, something for the decoys to float on.

    Now making a hole in the ice large enough to invite a passing duck, is going to take a little more power than the average drill auger can produce.

    So out of the back of the new Navigator comes a stick of dynamite with a short 40 second-fuse.

    Our two Rocket Scientists afraid they might slip on the ice while trying to run away after lighting the fuse decide on the following course of action:

    They light the 40 second fuse; then,
    With a mighty thrust,
    They throw the stick of dynamite
    As far away as possible.

    Remember a couple of paragraphs back when I mentioned the NAVIGATOR, the GUNS, and the DOG...?

    Let's talk about the dog:

    A highly trained Black Lab used for RETRIEVING; especially things thrown by the owner. You guessed it. The dog takes off across the ice at a high rate of speed and grabs the stick of dynamite, with the burning 40-second fuse just as it hits the ice.

    The two men swallow, blink, start waving their arms and, with veins in their necks swelling to resemble stalks of rhubarb, scream and holler at the dog to stop. The dog, now apparently cheered on by his master, keeps coming. One hunter panics, grabs the shotgun and shoots the dog. The shotgun is loaded with #8 bird shot, hardly big enough to stop a Black Lab.

    The dog stops for a moment, slightly confused, then continues on.

    Another shot, and this time the dog, still standing, becomes really confused and of course terrified, thinks these two geniuses have gone insane!!!!!!

    The dog takes off to find cover, UNDER the brand new Navigator.

    The men continue to scream as they run. The red hot exhaust pipe on the truck touches the dog's rear end. He yelps, drops the dynamite under the truck and takes off after his master.

    Then KA BOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

    The truck is blown to bits and sinks to the bottom of the lake, leaving the two idiots standing there with 'I can't believe this just happened' looks on their faces.

    The insurance company says that sinking a vehicle in a lake by illegal use of explosives is NOT COVERED by the policy. And the owner still had yet to make the first of those $560.00 a month payments.



    The dog is okay...doing fine. - glad the dog was OK!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I recently complained about my electricity bill and here's their response:

    Dear Customer,


    Just a little note to let you know we understand your anger in the recent price hike.

    But it should be noted that you have no choice.

    We are a big company and you will pay what we tell you.

    We have the power, you need the power. So sad...too bad.

    We have enclosed a little picture to help outline our response.

    Have a nice day and keep those cheques coming!


    Sincerely,

    Your Electricity Supplier

    ReplyDelete
  17. I respect Telus, at least, as when I called them my cell phone plan was changed to using Wi-Fi where available instead of Telus online. Monthly bill now almost in half...

    However, when I signed up the rep. told me no contract and now there is apparently three years, but at least now a reasonable min. payment.

    Been trying to get the rate cheaper for months, chipping it down with info they supply each time I call. When I call there are sometimes rule change as well, as in this is now no longer free but I was not notified. International texting for ex.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You Missed It! RE: Clickbank Blogs and Sales For $0.1...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Read all the way to the end. You just might learn something that will save your home from being burglarized.


    1. Of course I look familiar. I was here just last week cleaning your carpets, painting your shutters, or delivering your new refrigerator.

    2. Hey, thanks for letting me use the bathroom when I was working in your yard last week. While I was in there, I unlatched the back window to make my return a little easier.

    3. Love those flowers. That tells me you have taste... and taste means there are nice things inside. Those yard toys your kids leave out always make me wonder what type of gaming system they have.

    4. Yes, I really do look for newspapers piled up on the driveway. And I might leave a pizza flyer in your front door to see how long it takes you to remove it..

    5. If it snows while you're out of town, get a neighbor to create car and foot tracks into the house.. Virgin drifts in the driveway are a dead giveaway.

    6. If decorative glass is part of your front entrance, don't let your alarm company install the control pad where I can see if it's set. That makes it too easy.

    7. A good security company alarms the window over the sink. And the windows on the second floor, which often access the master bedroom - and your jewelry. It's not a bad idea to put motion detectors up there too.

    8. It's raining, you're fumbling with your umbrella, and you forget to lock your door - understandable. But understand this: I don't take a day off because of bad weather.

    9. I always knock first. If you answer, I'll ask for directions somewhere or offer to clean your gutters. (Don't take me up on it.)

    10. Do you really think I won't look in your sock drawer? I always check dresser drawers, the bedside table, and the medicine cabinet.

    11. Here's a helpful hint: I almost never go into kids' rooms.

    12. You're right: I won't have enough time to break into that safe where you keep your valuables. But if it's not bolted down, I'll take it with me.

    13. A loud TV or radio can be a better deterrent than the best alarm system. If you're reluctant to leave your TV on while you're out of town, you can buy a $35 device that works on a timer and simulates the flickering glow of a real television. (Find itathttp://www.faketv/.com/)


    8 MORE THINGS A BURGLAR WON'T TELL YOU:

    1. Sometimes, I carry a clipboard. Sometimes, I dress like a lawn guy and carry a rake. I do my best to never, ever look like a crook.

    2. The two things I hate most: loud dogs and nosy neighbors.

    3. I'll break a window to get in, even if it makes a little noise. If your neighbor hears one loud sound, he'll stop what he's doing and wait to hear it again. If he doesn't hear it again, he'll just go back to what he was doing. It's human nature.

    4. I'm not complaining, but why would you pay all that money for a fancy alarm system and leave your house without setting it?

    5. I love looking in your windows. I'm looking for signs that you're home, and for flat screen TVs or gaming systems I'd like. I'll drive or walk through your neighborhood at night, before you close the blinds, just to pick my targets.

    6. Avoid announcing your vacation on your Facebook page. It's easier than you think to look up your address. Parents: caution your kids about this. You see this every day.

    7. To you, leaving that window open just a crack during the day is a way to let in a little fresh air. To me, it's an invitation.

    8. If you don't answer when I knock, I try the door. Occasionally, I hit the jackpot and walk right in.

    Sources: Convicted burglars in North Carolina , Oregon , California , and Kentucky ; security consultant Chris McGoey, who runs http://www.crimedoctor.com/ and Richard T. Wright, a criminology professor at the University of Missouri-St Louis, who interviewed 105 burglars for his book Burglars on the Job.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Protection for you and your home:
    If you don't have a gun, here's a more humane way to wreck someone's evil plans for you.

    WASP SPRAY
    A friend who is a receptionist in a church in a high risk area was concerned about someone coming into the office on Monday to rob them when they were counting the collection. She asked the local police department about using pepper spray and they recommended to her that she get a can ofwasp spray instead.

    The wasp spray, they told her, can shoot up to twenty feet away and is a lot more accurate, while with the pepper spray, they have to get too close to you and could overpower you. The wasp spray temporarily blinds an attacker until they get to the hospital for an antidote. She keeps a can on her desk in the office and it doesn't attract attention from people like a can of pepper spray would. She also keeps one nearby at home for home protection... Thought this was interesting and might be of use.

    FROM ANOTHER SOURCE:
    On the heels of a break-in and beating that left an elderly woman in Toledo dead, self-defense experts have a tip that could save your life.

    Val Glinka teaches self-defense to students at Sylvania Southview High School . For decades, he's suggested putting a can of wasp and hornet spray near your door or bed.
    Glinka says, "This is better than anything I can teach them."
    Glinka considers it inexpensive, easy to find, and more effective than mace or pepper spray. The cans typically shoot 20 to 30 feet; so if someone tries to break into your home, Glinka says, "spray the culprit in the eyes". It's a tip he's given to students for decades. It's also one he wants everyone to hear. If you're looking for protection, Glinka says look to the spray.

    "That's going to give you a chance to call the police; maybe get out." Maybe even save a life.

    CAR KEYS:
    Put your car keys beside your bed at night.
    Tell your spouse, your children, your neighbors, your parents, your Dr.'s office, the check-out girl at the market, everyone you run across. Put your car keys beside your bed at night.

    If you hear a noise outside your home or someone trying to get in your house, just press the panic button for your car. The alarm will be set off, and the horn will continue to sound until either you turn it off or the car battery dies. This tip came from a neighborhood watch coordinator. Next time you come home for the night and you start to put your keys away, think of this: It's a security alarm system that you probably already have and requires no installation. Test it. It will go off from most everywhere inside your house and will keep honking until your battery runs down or until you reset it with the button on the key fob chain. It works if you park in your driveway or garage. If your car alarm goes off when someone is trying to break into your house, odds are the burglar/rapist won't stick around. After a few seconds all the neighbors will be looking out their windows to see who is out there and sure enough the criminal won't want that. And remember to carry your keys while walking to your car in a parking lot. The alarm can work the same way there. This is something that should really be shared with everyone. Maybe it could save a life or a sexual abuse crime.

    P.S.
    I am sending this to everyone I know because I think it is fantastic. Would also be useful for any emergency, such as a heart attack, where you can't reach a phone. My Mom has suggested to my Dad that he carry his car keys with him in case he falls outside and she doesn't hear him. He can activate the car alarm and then she'll know there's a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  21. QC

    'QUEBECOR, NHL TALKING ABOUT FRANCHISE'

    Been rumoured for years.

    'With Seattle generating plenty of attention lately, in terms of a future NHL market, those vying for a team in Quebec City are getting closer to their wish.

    Multiple sources have confirmed to TFP that Quebecor, which is trying to bring an NHL franchise back to Quebec City, has been in talks with the NHL about a franchise.'

    Quebec should be #2 after Southern Ontario, mind you Markham has collapsed with no public money support, but Hamilton's arena could be renovated.

    'A group led by Chris Hansen and former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer appear to have the deepest pockets among the prospect Seattle ownership groups, though a deal is not close, either.'

    Yes, they want NBA/NHL teams, at least NBA first before building an arena. It will be I reason another break-even NHL franchise, although I think they will receive good fan support. Problem is that it will be the fourth sport.

    'The NHL is also believed to be entertaining the possibility of a franchise in Las Vegas, while Kansas City remains in the mix, with an arena ready to go.

    A second franchise in the Greater Toronto Area is not considered a realistic option in the near future, one league source suggested.'

    Vegas could be the worst decision ever for a franchise. KC is equal to Seattle in my view, looking at St. Louis since 1967 which receives good support but is a break-even outfit (Forbes) being the third professional sport, plus in the US there is NCAA and High School sports.

    Absurd that the largest hockey market in the world (NY Times and other) and fourth largest metro area in North America (Canada and US) cannot have a second team because the Leafs want a monopoly and the League wants more US teams.

    Shameful treatment of Canadian fans.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello Russ Murray,
    Curious on what's new(s)? Knowing what happens around you and around the world can bring you tremendous benefits. We want to make it easier for you... Here are our news picks on the most important topics in your life: finance and health

    ReplyDelete
  23. Where do all these 'messengers' get my name from?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Copy/Paste: $75 In Emergency Cash

    ReplyDelete
  25. It would illegal, or at least unethical to print Canadian cash on my printer, sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Until the next 'final'.

    'Final exam' almost as lame.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Maple Ridge SETUP IS COMPLETE...

    ReplyDelete
  28. Tee Cash Kit Is 'Unbelievably' GOOD ($100K Live PROOF)

    ReplyDelete
  29. 'Maple Ridge SETUP IS COMPLETE...'

    Hey wait one minute, if we can build (wasting and blowing 100 million dollars plus of tax payer money) an NHL style 14-20 thousand seat arena here in Maple Ridge, we will be like Vegas.

    On a serious note, I bet if Maple Ridge did that the NHL would be quite displeased, and the Canucks worse. The NHL seemed very displeased with Markam, now dead in context.

    ReplyDelete